I wasn’t aware of this, but apparently there have been rumors circulating for years about televangelist and Gospel recording artist Juanita Bynum having sexual affairs with women. According to Elev8.com, the buzz started back as early as 2007, with several blogs claiming she had been involved in a lesbian affair prior to her highly publicized divorce. Remember that “Divorce Court” debacle? Some sources even suggested there was a sex tape, and though the self-professed prophetess didn’t confirm or deny that particular rumor, she did admit to sleeping with women in an interview with the Frank and Wanda Morning Show on Atlanta’s V-103 station.
“I’ve been there and I’ve done it all,” she told the hosts. “I’ve [done] the drugs. I’ve been with men. I’ve been with women. It’s not a line, it’s my life.”
It’s not clear if that lesbian period occurred during her pre-pulpit days or if she was in fact sleeping with women while she was married. The pentacostal leader didn’t care to elaborate on those details, but she did discuss her testimony a bit more on Twitter:
“If my life’s testimony offends you then good. Now you can go serve Christ for real because he will never disappoint you ever!!! Testimony is what you get after something has been put to death, Maybe that’s why we don’t see a lot of them. You got to kill it to tell it. A real Christian is not ashamed of the gospel nor what the Gospel has done and will do!! Remember that!!!”
Yes mam. What do you think about Juanita’s coming out, so to speak, about her past lesbian affairs?
More on Madame Noire!
- “You Can See How Black People Evolved From Apes” and Other Racially-Charged Comments That Left Me Speechless
- The Business Of Our Periods: Why Are Feminine Products So Darn Expensive?
- Listen Up Fellas! 7 Signs SHE’s Just Not That Into You
- No Way Out? Don’t Blame The Day26 Break Up On Diddy and The “Bad Boy Curse”
- Cute Kid Alert: Diddy’s Girls, Tiny & T.I.’s Kids Celebrate Her B-Day & More
- Single Black Male: Should Women Still Expect Men to Pay for Dates?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Waiting to Exhale”