One of the names being thrown around in the pool of potential new judges on “American Idol” was Mary J. Blige’s, but it looks like that won’t be happening now that the Queen of Hip-Hop & R&B has joined its competitor, “The Voice.” Mary won’t be a judge, but she has joined Team Levine as an advisor to his chosen talent for the next season.
In a statement, the Maroon 5 frontamn said:
“I’ve always been a huge fan of Mary J. Blige. So it’s been great having her on “The Voice” as an adviser to my team.”
Mary echoed the same, saying:
“I love Adam, he’s amazing. I’m so happy to be working with him and his team.”
The show has already begun filming, with the third season set to premiere September 10 on NBC. Also joining the next round will be Michael Buble, who will advise Blake Shelton’s team. So far tere’s no word on who will oversee Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo’s choices.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Waiting to Exhale”
- Know Your Shape: The Best Hair Cuts For Every Face
- The Silent Killer: HPV Do You Have It?
- Evening Eye Candy: Maxwell
- You Know You Wrong For That! 6 Lies We Tell Our Girlfriends
- Single Black Male: Should Women Still Expect Men to Pay for Dates?
- NEVER STOP, NEVER GIVE UP: 7 Things You Should Never Stop Doing For A Woman