Last month we found out Arsenio Hall has been given another chance to make late-night TV work with a talk show on CBS, and since he’s been on a 17-year hiatus he needs to come out with a bang. That’s likely why he has enormous hopes for a potential first guest: Blue Ivy.
In an interview with Essence.com, the newest Celebrity Apprentice told the site:
“I want Beyoncé’s baby the first night.”
So does everyone else. Since Arsenio’s show isn’t slated to run until 2013, Beyonce and Jay-Z’s daughter should be talking by then. But the chances of her actually appearing on his show—way past her bedtime at that? Slim. Besides, if I had to guess what outlet would get the Blue Ivy exclusive that has yet to happen yet, I’d still hold out for Oprah. Maybe she can do a first chapter special for the little one.
Anywho, Arsenio’s hopes aren’t totally wrapped up in Blue. He says he has other “friends” that can make magic on his late-night couch. And yeah, he still thinks one of them will be Jayonce’s baby.
“Since I’ve been gone 17 years, there’s a generation of kids who didn’t get on the first show,” he said. “I mean I have friends like Usher and Ne-Yo who didn’t get to do it. So, I’m coming back for them. I’m coming back for everybody. And like I said, the first night I’m getting Beyoncé’s baby!”
Good luck with that.
Since Blue Ivy’s probably not going to happen, who do you think should be Arsenio’s first guest next year?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Waiting to Exhale”
- Know Your Shape: The Best Hair Cuts For Every Face
- The Silent Killer: HPV Do You Have It?
- Evening Eye Candy: Maxwell
- You Know You Wrong For That! 6 Lies We Tell Our Girlfriends
- Single Black Male: Should Women Still Expect Men to Pay for Dates?
- NEVER STOP, NEVER GIVE UP: 7 Things You Should Never Stop Doing For A Woman