Representing for the black girls in the entertainment industry, Rihanna is one of the highest paid celebrities under 30.
The 24-year-old popstar sealed the number 3 spot on the Forbes’ list released today. MTV reports:
Though she recently filed suit against her former accountants, Rihanna reportedly raked in $53 million, much of it as a result of her 85-show world tour and sales from the Talk That Talk album. She also gets paid via endorsement deals with Vita Coco coconut water and Nivea lotion and took in millions more through her Reb’l Fleur fragrance.
“Talk that Talk” is Rihanna’s sixth album and was released in November of last year. As of June 2012, the album has sold nearly a million copies in the United States as well as hundreds of thousands of copies around the world.
This list, dominated by women, includes the celebrities’ income from May of 2011 to May of 2012. Justin Beiber, the only male in the top 5, is in the 2nd spot for taking home $55 million dollars in that time-frame. Taylor Swift is the number one highest paid celeb under 30 with $57 million. Despite declining album sales across the industry, Forbes says Taylor can be counted on to sell at least 4 million copies of every album. She also reportedly brought in about $1 million per sold-out concert and she has a lucrative deal with CoverGirl makeup. Lady Gaga is in 4th place with $52 million and Katy Perry rounded out the top five taking home $45 million.
MTV lists the rest of the top 10: Adele ($35 million), Kristen Stewart ($34.5 million), Lil Wayne ($27 million), Taylor Lautner ($26.5 million) and Robert Pattinson ($26.5 million).
Clearly, it pays to be a female in the music industry.
Are you surprised by this list?
Follow Alissa on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- You Stole My Steez: 8 Musicians Who People Say Got Famous Copying Other Singers
- What Are We Playing For? Why Competition In a Relationship Makes Both Partners Lose
- Good Sex, Are You Having It? The Importance of Communication In The Bedroom
- The Time I was Sexually Assaulted…by a Woman
- True Life: I’ve Done Crazy Things to Impress People…
- Wayne Brady, Bill Maher and The Problem With What Black Manhood Means to NON-Black People
- 8 Things We Want To Tell Our Potential Suitors: The First Date No No’s For Men