Queen Latifah may be secretive about her sexual orientation but one thing she has never shied away from is her desire to be a mother. The hype started last year when the Queen covered MORE magazine in November and revealed she wanted to adopt. Then she went on Wendy Williams and said she’d been “practicing” to become a mother and everyone wondered what that meant considering her assumed orientation, but now she’s confirmed to “The View” that adoption is the route she absolutely intends to go.
Barbara Walters asked the woman of many talents if all of the reports were true and she said:
“I’m actually kind of working on that. I think I saw one of those specials,” Queen said, “you know those movies of the week, and it was like – I just always wanted to bring a child home.”
Aww. Queen Latifah added a little joke about her anticipation of becoming a mother next when she said:
“I’m totally serous, so if you got a kid that you don’t [want], just give me a year – let me set up camp and send me the kid! But no, no totally.”
Sounds like she has baby fever! I wonder if she’s hoping to have her own adopted bundle of joy in a year’s time. Most people who adopt say the process is a long and exhausting one, but since Queen Latifah has been talking about this for some time, she might be well on her way. It will be interesting to see if she follows the white Hollywood actress trend of adopting ethnic babies from abroad or if she’ll give a black child in America a home. Maybe we’ll see in the next year.
More on Madame Noire!
- Just a Thought, Maybe More People Would Try Online Dating If The Ads Weren’t So Corny
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: He Cheated When I Was 3 Wks Pregnant, Should I Forgive Him?
- Good Sex, Are You Having It? The Importance of Communication In The Bedroom
- MN Exclusive: Tempestt Bledsoe Talks New Show, Men who Make Less & Natural Hair
- So What If I Don’t Cook? This Is For Women Who Aren’t Obsessed With What Men Want In A Wife
- Relaxed & Real, Episode 1: From Daytime To Evening
- 8 Things We Want To Tell Our Potential Suitors: The First Date No No’s For Men