We haven’t heard much about Jackie and Doug Christie since the first LA season of “Basketball Wives” wrapped more than six months ago but all seems to still be well between the couple. As they do annually, Jackie and Doug renewed their vows for their wedding anniversary, this year for the 17th time, and the couple (i.e. Jackie) chose an interesting venue: a gay club.
On Sunday, July 8, the pair along with a dozen or so of their friends took over the gay club, Eleven, in West Hollywood to declare their love for each other once again and show their support of marriage equality. The ceremony took place in the upstairs lounge of the bar while patrons of the club watched from downstairs. The Christies also unveiled photos from their No H8 same-sex marriage campaign photo shoot shot just the week before. According to Outsports, Jackie gave this explanation for their unusual venue:
“The reason we wanted to do it here was we wanted to bring attention to the gay community. We are very very fond supporters. We absolutely love, adore and stand united with all people no matter what gender, doesn’t matter if you’re gay or lesbian, whatever it is we love you, and we want you to all be able to get married too, when you want to. And we’re going to keep fighting until you’re able to, just like we are today. So thank you.”
In other Jackie Christie news, her return to BBWLA is rumored to be up in the air. Supposedly no one wants to tape wit her, especially the Govan sisters, after witnessing her crazy up close and personal so if they require those stipulations in their contract there really would be no point in the HBIC, as she called herself, appearing on the show. I’m sure they’ll come to some agreement in the name of drama when all is said and done though.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Flavor of Love, Reader’s Request Edition
- The Blackest Eye: Tales of the Light Skinned Girl Who Wanted to Be Darker
- Cute Kid Alert: Fantasia Debuts Her Son, Dallas, Lil Wayne’s Son With Nivea, And A Lot More
- Choose Your Battles: Why Do Some Black Folks Snap On Customer Service Workers Over Petty Things?
- My Life: Taught To Have Brains In The “Absence” of Beauty
- When Keeping It Real Goes Right & Wrong: Celebs Who We Like More And Less After Doing Reality TV
- Single Black Male: 7 Reasons Black Men Take Longer to Put a Ring On It