WE tv’s reality series Braxton Family Values has made singer Toni Braxton and her sisters more popular than ever as audiences watch the group struggle to (barely) keep it together, and see each sister work to establish herself independently with her career. BlackEnterprise.com sat down with Towanda Braxton, known as the “responsible one,” to talk about all the new professional and personal changes in her life as the show prepares for its new season.
BlackEnterprise.com: What is it like now that you are no longer big sister Toni Braxton’s personal assistant?
Towanda Braxton: The only thing that has really changed about me since we first started filming the show is that I am no longer Toni’s personal assistant! How about that? Seeing yourself on television can sometimes help put things in focus and put a fire up under you to make the changes you need to make.
Tell us about your new business, Secret Squirrel.
Toni would always compare her assistants to me and I would end up training her new assistants. I was very good at being a personal assistant, so I decided I should create a school that develops top-notch personal and executive assistants. We made a call out for applicants earlier this year and the response was huge; but we are being very selective. We have 18 people who definitely made the cut and another 25 maybes. I’m very excited! We will start up this summer in Atlanta, but eventually I’d like to have schools all over the country. You’ll also see me getting more into acting, one of my other passions.
Check out more about her new business, her husband, and season 3 of the “Braxton Family Values” on BlackEnterprise.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Every (Black) Woman: Do You Feel Pressure To Always Represent For The Sistas?
- An Open Letter To the Virtual Church Lady: Why Do You Talk So Much About Jesus On Facebook?
- Love All Over Her: Monica Talks Falling In Love With Shannon, Says She Let Him Lead
- You’re Not Idris: Why The Man You’re Not Immediately Attracted To Could Be Your Perfect Match
- Evening Eye Candy: Baller Tyson Chandler
- When Keeping It Real Goes Right & Wrong: Celebs Who We Like More And Less After Doing Reality TV
- Single Black Male: 7 Reasons Black Men Take Longer to Put a Ring On It