“I Think I Put a Spell on My Womb:” Supermomma Lil Mo’ Welcomes Fourth Child
Remember Lil’ Mo?
She and her Gospel singer husband, Phillip Bryant, had a baby today!
Their son is their second child together and the fourth for Lil Mo’, who has two children from a previous marriage. Jonah Maddox-Phillip Bryant, arrived at 9:46am and weighs 8 lbs 6 oz. He joins his brother Justin McKenzie, 3, and sisters Heaven Love’on, 9 and God’Iss Love, 7. (Clearly, Phillip is not a fan of wacky celebrity baby names.)
In the press release Lil Mo said:
I think I put a spell on my womb when I said every time I put out an album a baby is sure to be made. My whole movement is the whole iLove ME theme, so when my husband Phillip Bryant and I found out we were preggers with baby number 4, we knew the spell had come true. We and our other 3 are all excited and ready for baby number 4, which is a boy!! So 2 boys and 2 girls; Sweet I’ve got my balance lol. I thank all my fans for their well wishes and continued support.
The pint sized singer is most memorable from her Murder, Inc. days but the “Superwoman” didn’t let a fall out with Ja Rule and Irv Gotti halt her career. She continued to make music then became a radio host in Baltimore and DC. Afterward she went back to music. Before having her baby, she was on the road promoting her new album “P.S. i Love Me” and says she will be back in the studio soon working on a fifth album.
Congratulations to the happy couple!
Follow Alissa Henry on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Every (Black) Woman: Do You Feel Pressure To Always Represent For The Sistas?
- An Open Letter To the Virtual Church Lady: Why Do You Talk So Much About Jesus On Facebook?
- Love All Over Her: Monica Talks Falling In Love With Shannon, Says She Let Him Lead
- You’re Not Idris: Why The Man You’re Not Immediately Attracted To Could Be Your Perfect Match
- Evening Eye Candy: Baller Tyson Chandler
- When Keeping It Real Goes Right & Wrong: Celebs Who We Like More And Less After Doing Reality TV
- Single Black Male: 7 Reasons Black Men Take Longer to Put a Ring On It