Looks like Fannie heard everyone’s been talking about her and the rumors surrounding her son’s father, Antwaun Cook. At the end of last week, stories were swirling about Antwaun hooking up with a member of the “Bad Girls Club,” and on top of that sites were reporting the singer had a bit of a breakdown on stage as she talked about Jesus being the only one who will never leave you, not to mention a horrific picture of said breakdown.
That’s neither here nor there now, because the singer appeared to be in a much better place during the Essence Music Festival this weekend, so much so that in between customary barefoot performances of songs like “Bittersweet,” “Even Angels,” and “Nobody Greater,” she imparted these words to the audience:
“I’m doing me now, and I don’t care what the folk have to say. So put that on your Twitter. Sweep around your own front door before you try and clean around mine…”
OK then. Looks like someone hit her with that “I told you so” about her borrowed man like I predicted.
Regardless, the important thing is she’s doing what she should be doing which is singing so she can provide for her children, and I must say I’d much rather hear her say she’s doing her than to be depressed about the rumored love she’s lost. My only hope is that doing her extends to not doing Antwaun anymore because it’s time to retire that triflin’ man.
Do you believe Fantasia’s done with him?
More on Madame Noire!
- Never Thought They’d Make It: Couples We Didn’t Think Would Still Be Together!
- Back In The Day When I Was Young: Child Actors Who Aren’t So Little Anymore!
- Oral Transactions and Getting “Ghetto”: Moments in Reality TV That Had Everybody Talking
- They’re Not Just for Kids Anymore: How to Be Chic in Your Jellies This Summer
- Noire Naturals, Episode 3: Creating a Sophisticated Elegance
- Open Door Policy: The Truth About “Breaks” and Open Relationships
- DY-NO-MITE!!! 8 Celebrities and the Roles That Typecast Them and Stunted Their Careers