Remember during season 3, I think it was, of “Basketball Wives” when Chad and Evelyn were meeting with fertility doctors and sharing dreams of having twins? Well now those plans are up in the air considering Evelyn is having second thoughts. But should Chad get his way and become a proud father of five (or six if they go through with the fertility plans), guess who will be the God mom? The reality TV producer we all love to hate: Shaunie O’Neal.
VH1 News’ Janell Snowden caught up with Shaunie at the Essence Music Festival this weekend and revealed the scary news saying should Evelyn become pregnant on her wedding night because, “You know Evelyn got it in,” the couple agreed Shaunie could be the godmother.
“She doesn’t want kids anymore, but Chad does,” Shaunuie said. “He tried to trick me and say she that was pregnant, but she was like ‘No, I’m not,’ and I said ‘Can I be the godmother’ and they said ‘Yes.’”
Hmm. Considering Evelyn owes all of her fame and her relationship with Chad to Shaunie I suppose it wouldn’t be too much to let her have the “godly influence” over their first born (together). Plus we all saw what a Christan business woman Shaunie is after her meeting with her pastor at the end of season 4. Note sarcasm.
In reality this whole godmother thing sounds like one of those situations where someone asks to be or do something and you can’t say no on the spot, although I wouldn’t be surprised if they did in fact give Shaunie the title. The real question is will or should these two have kids?
Another interesting tidbit that came out of Shaunie’s interview was that Tami didn’t attend the couple’s Fourth of July wedding. She reportedly told VH1 “with the utmost apprehension:”
“I don’t want to speak for anybody. Tami was invited, but I don’t know. It was far… St. Maartin is a trek.”
Sounds a little fishy. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Never Thought They’d Make It: Couples We Didn’t Think Would Still Be Together!
- Back In The Day When I Was Young: Child Actors Who Aren’t So Little Anymore!
- Oral Transactions and Getting “Ghetto”: Moments in Reality TV That Had Everybody Talking
- They’re Not Just for Kids Anymore: How to Be Chic in Your Jellies This Summer
- Noire Naturals, Episode 3: Creating a Sophisticated Elegance
- Open Door Policy: The Truth About “Breaks” and Open Relationships
- DY-NO-MITE!!! 8 Celebrities and the Roles That Typecast Them and Stunted Their Careers