Sad Update: Tameka Raymond’s Son Declared Brain Dead After Jet Ski Accident
Tameka Raymond’s 11-year-old son Kyle Glover has taken an unfortunate turn for the worse after he was involved in a jet skiing accident Friday afternoon. After being air lifted from Lake Lanier to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Egleston, Kyle was said to be in critical condition, but as of yesterday afternoon the young boy has reportedly been declared brain dead.
According to TMZ’s sources, Kyle has not experienced any brain activity since he was admitted to the hospital three days ago. There has reportedly been no decision yet as to whether or not to take him off life support and Radar Online claims to have spoken with Tameka about her son’s condition, to which she simply responded:
Both Kyle and a 15-year-old girl were injured in Friday’s accident when a man who appears to have been apart of their group at the lake struck them with his personal watercraft while they were inner-tubing, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Kyle was unresponsive when he was pulled out of the water but the girl was treated for minor injuries, including a cut to the head and a broken arm.
Though alcohol is not thought to have played a part in the incident, Robin Hill, a representative for the Department of Natural Resources in Atlanta said the department’s Critical Incident Response Team will recreate the accident with computer programs to help determine what happened, including how fast the boats were going at the time of the accident. Once the department completes its investigation, they will send their recommendation over to the district attorney who would then decide whether or not to file charges against the driver.
So far, neither the boy’s father,Ryan Glover, nor his former step-father, Usher, have commented on the situation although Usher is said to have chartered a plane for Tameka to be by her son’s side following the accident. A slew of celebrities have sent their well wishes to the family, including Lala Anthony, Russell Simmons, and Monica. We definitely want to extend ours as well at this difficult time.
More on Madame Noire!
- Never Thought They’d Make It: Couples We Didn’t Think Would Still Be Together!
- Back In The Day When I Was Young: Child Actors Who Aren’t So Little Anymore!
- Oral Transactions and Getting “Ghetto”: Moments in Reality TV That Had Everybody Talking
- They’re Not Just for Kids Anymore: How to Be Chic in Your Jellies This Summer
- Noire Naturals, Episode 3: Creating a Sophisticated Elegance
- Open Door Policy: The Truth About “Breaks” and Open Relationships
- DY-NO-MITE!!! 8 Celebrities and the Roles That Typecast Them and Stunted Their Careers