Yes, you read that right. A Mississippi mom is being called a “little hero” after she botched her own son’s armed robbery attempt by grabbing his toy gun.
According to ABC News, 22-year-old Roy Mitchell, came to a D’s One Stop Food Mart with his mom, went inside the store, grabbed a bag of Doritos, then pointed his “gun” at the clerk demanding money, and the entire incident was caught on surveillance tape.
Before the clerk could hand anything over, Roy’s mom, who had come into the store behind him, grabbed the gun out of his hands! She apologized to the the clerk and told her that the gun was fake and that Roy was just playing around. She begged the clerk not to call the police and she pushed her son out of the store.
Of course, the clerk called 911 anyway and when police tracked them down 20 minutes later, they found the toy pistol still in the car.
They arrested Roy and now he is in jail being held on a $300,000 bond facing one charge of attempted robbery. As for his mother? Police assistant chief Chris Butts told ABC News that the young man’s mother was a ‘little hero’ for confiscating the gun.
He said: “If the clerk had a gun it could have been real messy.”
Not only did this man attempt to rob a gas station with a bogus gun, he did it in the vicinity of his mother. Who does that? Now, with his face all over the news, jail is probably the best place for him and his humiliation right now.
Although I think having to live with his mother after that incident would probably be a much harsher punishment.
What would you have done if that was your son?
Follow Alissa Henry on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- DY-NO-MITE!!! 8 Celebrities and the Roles That Typecast Them and Stunted Their Careers
- Why Won’t People Let Barack Obama Be Black?
- Do That Ish And Watch What Happens: 8 Things You Shouldn’t Do Without Consulting Your Husband
- Frank and His Odd Future: Why His Coming Out Is Cool, But Also Very Complicated
- Noire Naturals, Episode 3: Creating a Sophisticated Elegance
- Open Door Policy: The Truth About “Breaks” and Open Relationships
- Forget The Divorce Rate, I’m Still #TeamMarriage Because Other’s Failures Don’t Determine My Success