When people with money die it usually doesn’t take long for tears over their passing to turn into fights over their money. That is reportedly the case with disco diva Donna Summer’s family. Drawing on news from the National Enquirer, according to Eurweb, two of the ’70s singer’s three daughters, Mimi, 39, and Brooklyn, 31, are battling it out to see who will get most of their deceased mother’s $75 million fortune.
According to the site, the fact that the sisters have different fathers is likely the source of contention.Donna and her husband Bruce Sudano, who the money has supposedly been left to, are the parents of Brooklyn and Amanda, 28, while German actor Helmut Sommer, Donna’s ex-husband, is the father of Mimi.
A source told the Enquirer:
“Donna was barely gone before Mimi and Brooklyn began battling over how much money they should get. Mimi thinks she should get the most because she is first born, but Brooklyn made it clear that she and her sister Amanda should get more.
“Poor Bruce is still very upset over Donna’s passing, and the last thing he needs to deal with is the daughters fighting over the money – especially since Donna left it all to him, and he is being generous by agreeing to share it. Amanda is sweet and is sympathetic to Bruce. She keeps telling her sisters to stop being so greedy and give him space to grieve before making him go through all the finances.”
The source added that people close to Bruce say he should keep the money for himself, and it is interesting that Donna didn’t make any provisions for her daughters. It would seem splitting the fortune equally four ways would make the most sense or three ways even, with Bruce getting the larger sum, but considering the singer just passed away May 17, it would be nice if the girls could put aside their fighting and allow everyone to grieve first without the money bickering.
What do you think about this situation?
More on Madame Noire!
- DY-NO-MITE!!! 8 Celebrities and the Roles That Typecast Them and Stunted Their Careers
- Why Won’t People Let Barack Obama Be Black?
- Do That Ish And Watch What Happens: 8 Things You Shouldn’t Do Without Consulting Your Husband
- Frank and His Odd Future: Why His Coming Out Is Cool, But Also Very Complicated
- Noire Naturals, Episode 3: Creating a Sophisticated Elegance
- Open Door Policy: The Truth About “Breaks” and Open Relationships
- Forget The Divorce Rate, I’m Still #TeamMarriage Because Other’s Failures Don’t Determine My Success