Honestly, I don’t even remember Oprah admitting to doing crack but considering that happened in 1995 I’ll give myself a pass. Either way, in a recent appearance on a segment of the “Today Show” known as “Today’s Professionals,” Star Jones said Oprah admitting to doing drugs was a publicity stunt just like Anderson Cooper’s coming out earlier this week
Here’s what she said when host Natalie Morales asked her and the other guests, Donny Deutsch and Nancy Snyderman, what they thought about Anderson’s decision to state he is homosexual.
“I’m a little bit of a cynic,” Star started. “He’s a daytime talk show host and when the ratings slip in daytime, the hosts tend to tell you lots of things about them. I remember Oprah said she smoked crack, Oprah said she was pregnant at 14 and considered suicide. There [are] times when you generate information for ratings.”
Star facetiously pretended to be sorry for airing talk show hosts’ dirty little secret, and though I’m sure no one would really discredit her point, it sounds just a tad funny coming from her. This is the same woman who gained attention for what she wouldn’t share with the public when she notoriously denied having gastric bypass surgery for I don’t know how long when she was still a host on “The View.” And just recently Star was ready to start an anti-reality television brigade to get “Basketball Wives” off the air, then suddenly one meeting with Evelyn Lozada and a Vibe magazine mention and Twitter shout out later all was forgiven and they were BFFs. If you’re going to try to throw shade on other people for what they do to boost ratings, lets air our own mess first.
She was also just a tad insensitive to Oprah’s childhood and sounded like she may have something against the talk show host, but maybe I’m just reading into it. Check out the segment here. What do you think about what Star said?
More on Madame Noire!
- DY-NO-MITE!!! 8 Celebrities and the Roles That Typecast Them and Stunted Their Careers
- Why Won’t People Let Barack Obama Be Black?
- Do That Ish And Watch What Happens: 8 Things You Shouldn’t Do Without Consulting Your Husband
- Frank and His Odd Future: Why His Coming Out Is Cool, But Also Very Complicated
- Noire Naturals, Episode 3: Creating a Sophisticated Elegance
- Open Door Policy: The Truth About “Breaks” and Open Relationships
- Forget The Divorce Rate, I’m Still #TeamMarriage Because Other’s Failures Don’t Determine My Success