A Sad Day In Parenting: Mother Forces Toddlers To Fight On Camera, Posts Clip On Facebook
There are so many things wrong with the picture I’m about to paint for you. One, a mother thought it was cute to have little girls under the age of 2 fight for entertainment. Two, she recorded it with a cell phone so she could relive the moment I assume; and three, she posted it on Facebook presumably so others could enjoy the show as well. That’s the story that’s being reported from Fox News in St. Louis after an acquaintance of the mother alerted them to the video clip.
Thankfully, Missouri’s Department of Social Services may now be investigating this situation after viewers came across the clip of two toddlers fighting barely clothed to the taunts of the mother telling them, “Y’all better ball up some fists!” and exclaiming “We got some action” when the babies followed her orders.
The associate who reported the video told Fox:
“It’s just sickening and I feel like there should be some kind of criminal action taken. I couldn’t even watch the whole video. I had to stop it and look again. It was sad.”
Speaking on the encouragement to ball up their fists, she added:
“It’s like she’s training her before she starts school or something. It’s sad because today’s society in the black community its really sickening that these kids are learning how to fight, get guns and stuff, and it shouldn’t be going on.”
Fox isn’t naming names since the mother in question hasn’t been charged with anything, but they have asked social services to look into the situation. St. Louis child psychologist Russell Hyken agrees that someone other than curious YouTubers should watch the footage.
“That’s pretty overwhelming. Those are small children that really don’t even understand what is going on. I mean one child is screaming and the other child continues to go after her. I mean what is going on here?
“I think it is something that they at least need to be looking at. I don’ t know the law in that area, but as a therapist, and a family therapist at that, I’m pretty concerned the parents are encouraging violence and putting their kids in a physically abusive situation.”
Hopefully Social Services will feel the same. Take a look at the clip here. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Party of One Please: Things I’ve Learned To Enjoy By Myself
- MN Exclusive: Warryn & Erica Campbell On How They Met, Their Family and Managing To Work Together
- You Are Not The Father! The Most Memorably Ratchet Moments From The Maury Povich Show
- Drop The Flat Iron Like It’s Hot: Summer Hairstyles To Help You Beat the Heat
- And They Say Only Black Women are Bitter? Why Bitter Black Men Need To Have a Seat…Several
- Stop Arguing About Dumb Stuff! How I Learned To Keep The Peace In My Relationship
- Old Habits Die Hard: Learning Not To Dim My Light So Others Can Feel Like They’re Shining