Serena Williams just beat Victoria Azarenka in straight sets to reach her 7th final at Wimbledon, where she’ll face first-time finalist Agnieszka Radwanska on Saturday for the title.
Williams, who clocked a record 24 aces during the match, was dominant on her own serve throughout the first set, losing just four points in her five service games and winning 94% of points on her first serve.
In contrast, Azarenka had to fight a lot harder for each service game. The break eventually came in the penultimate game of the set, giving Williams a 5-3 lead that she quickly turned into 6-3 to take the first.
Read more at eurweb.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Party of One Please: Things I’ve Learned To Enjoy By Myself
- MN Exclusive: Warryn & Erica Campbell On How They Met, Their Family and Managing To Work Together
- You Are Not The Father! The Most Memorably Ratchet Moments From The Maury Povich Show
- Drop The Flat Iron Like It’s Hot: Summer Hairstyles To Help You Beat the Heat
- And They Say Only Black Women are Bitter? Why Bitter Black Men Need To Have a Seat…Several
- Stop Arguing About Dumb Stuff! How I Learned To Keep The Peace In My Relationship
- Old Habits Die Hard: Learning Not To Dim My Light So Others Can Feel Like They’re Shining