I first went natural back in 2009 when there were more product lines for kinky-haired ladies than ever before, but definitely not as many as there are now. The first company I tried on my freshly done big chop was Carol’s Daughter. I loved the Mimosa Hair Honey, but you know how that ole PJism can creep up on you. As many products and lines emerged, I tried everything I could get my hands on whether something worked for me or not. Since that time I’ve grown my BC out, returned to the relaxer and gone completely natural all over again picking up numerous butters, conditioners and cleansers along the way.
My kinks, coils and curls have been giving me an attitude lately. Due to the sun and my lack of deep conditioning as of late (my fault), my strands are a bit weaker and dryer than I’d like to see them, so I thought I’d find a new product to throw into the mix. For some reason, I was drawn to Carol’s Daughter once again, but instead of the Mimosa Hair Honey, I wound up purchasing the Marguerite’s Magic Restorative Cream Hairdress for $17. I hadn’t tried it before, but it contains wheat germ, soybean oil plus cocoa and shea butters – exactly what my thirsty strands were looking for.
I deep conditioned my hair then applied Marguerite’s Magic. Although I normally would add oils and a leave in conditioner, I wanted to see how this product alone would cooperate with my hair. Ladies, I think that I have fallen in love a second time around with Carol’s Daughter. The Marguerite’s Magic claims to undo the most intense damage, restore natural strength, improve manageability and soften. Rarely do you come across a product that actually does what it says, but my hair says it all. Upon application, I could feel that my hair was smoother and softer, but the next morning I could see that it was also shiny and had a nice hold – an added bonus that I didn’t expect. It truly looks healthier and I’ve received loads of compliments on my bouncy, shiny curls. This is definitely a new staple. The ingredients are beneficial to any hair type and the smell is absolutely heavenly. I highly recommend it to anyone whether relaxed or natural. I’d love to hear if you’ve tried it and what you think!
More on Madame Noire!
- Party of One Please: Things I’ve Learned To Enjoy By Myself
- MN Exclusive: Warryn & Erica Campbell On How They Met, Their Family and Managing To Work Together
- You Are Not The Father! The Most Memorably Ratchet Moments From The Maury Povich Show
- Drop The Flat Iron Like It’s Hot: Summer Hairstyles To Help You Beat the Heat
- And They Say Only Black Women are Bitter? Why Bitter Black Men Need To Have a Seat…Several
- Stop Arguing About Dumb Stuff! How I Learned To Keep The Peace In My Relationship
- Old Habits Die Hard: Learning Not To Dim My Light So Others Can Feel Like They’re Shining