The all-black “Steel Magnolias” movie remake is coming right along. The film idea was first announced in October and already there’s a trailer for the made-for-TV movie, which means the feature-length flick shouldn’t be too far behind.
The film, which is set in Louisiana, will air on Lifetime and stars Executive Producer Queen Latifah as M’Lynn, Alfre Woodard as Ouiser, Phylicia Rashad as Clairee, Jill Scott as Truvy, Adepero Oduye as Annelle, and Condola Rashad as Shelby. As for male co-stars, Lance Gross, Tory Kittles and Michael Beasley all have parts in the remake as well.
I don’t remember much from the original but according to other sites some of the scenes and lines in the trailer should be recognizable from the 1989 film. Either way, this looks like a good one to watch from my view. Check out the trailer and tell us what you think.
Will you watch?
More on Madame Noire!
- Single Black Male: Is It Okay To Judge Someone By Her Exes?
- “No Shame Day”: How I Relate To The Fight Against Mental Illness And The Stigma In The Black Community
- Where Are They Now? Flavor of Love Edition
- Hair Me Out! Mane Mishaps To Avoid At All Costs….
- And They Say Only Black Women are Bitter? Why Bitter Black Men Need To Have a Seat…Several
- One Piece of Advice? Be Done With Ambivalent Men and ‘Settle’ For The One Who Likes You
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Set It Off”