Everybody was doing double and possibly even triple takes after finding out Rohan Marley got engaged to Brazilian model Isabeli Fontana. I’m not even sure most people knew they had been dating since October 2011–though that’s not much time to become engaged seven months later. But the thing that had everyone tripping was how this man had been with Lauryn Hill for centuries and fathered five of her six children without even putting so much as a birth control ring on it, much less a wedding one, then all of a sudden popped up with a proposal to this woman.
Rohan and Isabeli hadn’t set a date at the time of the May announcement, and they won’t be setting one anytime soon it seems because according to MSN BRAZIL Isabeli has called the wedding off—for now.
The Brazilian model will only postpone the ceremony because she says the two are in an intimate and romantic moment and do not want to interrupt the sound stage.
But there is another fact that might explain the decision of the top. The children of Isabeli, Zion, age 9, and Luke, 6, do not yet know the children of Rohan.
Although the model and singer trying to promote the meeting, the heirs of the beautiful are not wanting a lot of contact with the new family. She said the boys just want to stay with friends.
If Isabeli is waiting for all of Rohan’s children to meet each other before she walks down the aisle, that could take some serious time. The seven kids that the 40-year-old has between these two women are likely not the only ones out there and hopefully he won’t knock up anyone else along the way to the altar. I wonder if Isabeli is just finally listening to her mother, who told her at the time of their engagement that things were happening too fast.
Do you think Isabeli is having second thoughts or is she postponing the wedding for good reason?
More on Madame Noire!
- Single Black Male: Is It Okay To Judge Someone By Her Exes?
- “No Shame Day”: How I Relate To The Fight Against Mental Illness And The Stigma In The Black Community
- Where Are They Now? Flavor of Love Edition
- Hair Me Out! Mane Mishaps To Avoid At All Costs….
- And They Say Only Black Women are Bitter? Why Bitter Black Men Need To Have a Seat…Several
- One Piece of Advice? Be Done With Ambivalent Men and ‘Settle’ For The One Who Likes You
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Set It Off”