Nothing shows you where you stand with a bride like the absence of a wedding invite.
Basketball Wives castmember and bride-to-be Evelyn Lozada’s book is titled “Inner Circle” and it’s pretty clear who is still not in hers: former castmate and friend-turned-enemy-turned-cordial Jennifer Williams.
When EURweb.com asked Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson’s fiance if Jennifer was invited to their upcoming nuptials, she had this to say:
“We’re not like ‘oh hey, come be a bridesmaid at my wedding. I can’t do that.’ She hasn’t been invited because everything just happened … there were things that were said about Chad in interviews and that’s where a lot of all of this drama stems from. I don’t want anyone feeling uncomfortable,” Lozada said. “…When me and Chad, when we got engaged, there was so much controversy surrounding us. Oh, they’re just doing this for a show. They are media whores. I’m like ‘We’re really together.’ People had a lot of negative things to say and she was one of those people that just wasn’t … and that’s what hurt me the most because I’m like ‘We’ve been friends. Even if I felt this way about your man, I’m not gonna publicly say that because that’s you’re man. And that’s what bothered me.
This isn’t a shock considering their epic fall out and the pending lawsuit could not just be smoothed over with a hug, a tear and a Happy Mother’s Day email. Although, I do think an invite would speed up their reconciliation process — if there is a true desire to be reconciled — inviting someone who doesn’t support your relationship to your wedding is just weird. No one is predicting that these two will ever be the friends that they were. And considering the fact that Evelyn isn’t inviting her to this grand, televised event, it seems she doesn’t want them to be anyway.
Follow Alissa Henry on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Our Favorite Good and Bad Guys From “The Wire”
- Is This Real Love? How To Avoid Getting Into a Relationship That Does Not Exist
- Oh You’re a Freak, Huh? Good and Bad Ways to Surprise Him in Bed
- TLC Was Wrong, You Could Use a Good Scrub: 5 Must Have Scrubs & Exfoliants for Summer
- “The Decision,” Fake Marriages & Crispy Chicken: 9 Moments Celebs Can’t Seem to Live Down
- “Ho*s Be Winning!” 8 People Who Became Overnight Celebrities For Being Scandalous
- Peaches & Green: The Business Ventures & Side Hustles of the Real Housewives of Atlanta