It certainly is not a slow news day in Hollywood. First we got word that Tom Cruise and his wife of five years, Katie Holmes, are filing for divorce, then we hear that Adele is pregnant with her first child with boyfriend Simon Konecki.
On the topic of the divorce, it’s surprising only in that we would’ve assumed Cruise would’ve pushed to stay married for ten years. We all know how hyper-aware he is of his persona and five years seems too short of a time to convince anyone that they were in it to win it. On the other hand, five years is not that bad in Hollywood considering that Kim Kardashian has lowered the average time of celebrity marriage with her 72-day fiasco.
All we know is that Cruise needs to slow his roll, as this latest marriage to Holmes marked his third. He was previously married to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman. It was only the first marriage for Katie Holmes but seeing that she’s only 33, it is very likely that she’ll be headed down the aisle again (hopefully for the right reasons this time).
On to Adele. This woman is a remarkable, history-making talent but we do have to ask…isn’t she too young to have a baby? At 24, Adele has achieved much of what she’s set out to do in the music world and has had to grow up much faster than her peers in order to manage the pressures of stardom but still…
She’s super young and in a young relationship with her boyfriend as well. Nevertheless, we do wish her the best.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Our Favorite Good and Bad Guys From “The Wire”
- Is This Real Love? How To Avoid Getting Into a Relationship That Does Not Exist
- Oh You’re a Freak, Huh? Good and Bad Ways to Surprise Him in Bed
- TLC Was Wrong, You Could Use a Good Scrub: 5 Must Have Scrubs & Exfoliants for Summer
- “The Decision,” Fake Marriages & Crispy Chicken: 9 Moments Celebs Can’t Seem to Live Down
- “Ho*s Be Winning!” 8 People Who Became Overnight Celebrities For Being Scandalous
- Peaches & Green: The Business Ventures & Side Hustles of the Real Housewives of Atlanta