Hollywood cannot deny the box office success that was Think Like a Man, which is why they’re trying to create it with a sequel, The LA Times confirms.
Before the film even hit theaters, Will Packer was saying a sequel was already approved, but Screen Gems has just put out the official word on part deux, saying they have rehired Keith Merryman and David A. Newman to write the script.
Think Like a Man brought in $91 million in the United States alone after its opening in April, making it one of the year’s most profitable comedies thus far and also answering critic’s widely asked question of whether a film with a nearly all-black cast could perform well at the box office.
Beyond naming the screenplay writers, Screen Gems hasn’t let on about whether all of the actors from the first film will appear in the second. At the very least, I think most people are hoping Kevin Hart will reprise his role and considering he’s already on board for another flick from the studio, we’re pretty sure they recognize how he made the movie.
Nevertheless, for the success Think Like a Man had at the ticket counter, some women were less than enthused about part one, so given this news, will you see the sequel?
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Our Favorite Good and Bad Guys From “The Wire”
- Is This Real Love? How To Avoid Getting Into a Relationship That Does Not Exist
- Oh You’re a Freak, Huh? Good and Bad Ways to Surprise Him in Bed
- TLC Was Wrong, You Could Use a Good Scrub: 5 Must Have Scrubs & Exfoliants for Summer
- “The Decision,” Fake Marriages & Crispy Chicken: 9 Moments Celebs Can’t Seem to Live Down
- “Ho*s Be Winning!” 8 People Who Became Overnight Celebrities For Being Scandalous
- Peaches & Green: The Business Ventures & Side Hustles of the Real Housewives of Atlanta