Well, well, well. It looks like online dating isn’t as great as it’s cracked up to be. And that’s not surprising to me. Look around at your friends. How many of them have successfully found love online? Aren’t there more horror stories than not? New research has found that online dating isn’t any better than meeting someone at a bar. In fact, meeting someone at a bar can actually work better because you’re engaging in face-to-face conversation, as opposed to hiding behind a computer screen.
“Eighty years of relationship science has reliably shown you can’t predict whether a relationship succeeds based on information about people who are unaware of each other,” said Eli Finkel, an associate professor of psychology at Northwestern University who worked on the study. “There’s no better way to figure out whether you’re compatible with somebody than talking to them over a cup of coffee or a pint of beer.”
Read more at yourtango.com
More on Madame Noire!
- That’s That Ish I Don’t Like: Why I Can’t Stand When Parents Talk to Kids Like Adults
- “Ho*s Be Winning!” 8 People Who Became Overnight Celebrities For Being Scandalous
- Call Me Prejudiced, But I Only Let Black Women Do My Hair
- Noire Naturals, Episode 2: Maintaining Your Twist-Out Style
- “The Decision,” Fake Marriages & Crispy Chicken: 9 Moments Celebs Can’t Seem to Live Down
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of School Daze
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Why Did He Just Disappear?