The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Sony Entertainment and Berry Gordy confirmed Tuesday that they will be teaming up to bring the legendary Motown story to Broadway in 2013. The show will be based on the life of Berry Gordy and the story of his rise to fame as the head of Motown records. It’s reported the production will feature Motown hits from Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and Michael Jackson. The show is scheduled to open at a Nederlander theater. The cast will be revealed at a later date.
For more details on this new musical venture, head over to The Grio.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of School Daze
- They’ve Got a Story To Tell: Celebs Who Went From Top Ramen to Top Dollar
- If I Wanted to Deal With Kids, I’d Have My Own: A Letter to Parents Who Think Everyone Loves Their Kid as Much as They Do
- Let’s Talk, Ladies: Are You Afraid Of The “S” Word?
- My Story: For Colored Girls Who’ve Considered Suicide When the Law Couldn’t Protect Them From Incest
- Evening Eye Candy: NFL Baller Ray Edwards
- HALF ON A BABY: The Top 7 Ways You’ll Know He’s Ready For Kids