We haven’t heard much from her in a while, but singer/actress, Toni Braxton, announced via Twitter that she will be starring in a movie on the Lifetime Movie Network.
The Urban Daily reports:
Her youngest son Diezel will be acting opposite his mom in he film. Braxton tweeted, “I will be filming for a new movie for Lifetime and Diezel will be in it as well, playing the role of my son!”
As expected, as soon as Toni tweeted the movie news, she was bombarded with questions about the film project. Braxton put a stop to all the inquiries with a follow-up tweet. “That’s all I can say for now.”
In case you’re not familiar, Lifetime Movie Network shows original, made for television, women-oriented movies exclusively. Popular Lifetime movies include Natalee Holloway, Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? (starring Tori Spelling), The Face on the Milk Carton and No One Would Tell (starring Fred Savage and Candace Cameron).
It’s great to hear about this opportunity for Toni considering the health and financial problems that have plagued her and her family over the past few years. There isn’t much more information out there about this movie and I’d be surprised if she talks about it much -or at all – on Braxton Family Values next season because WeTV and Lifetime are competitors. Still, I’ll definitely be looking out for the previews. If it’s planned to be anything like every other Lifetime Movie, get the tissues ready because it’s sure to be a tearjerker.
Alissa Henry is a freelance writer living in Columbus, OH. Follow her on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- It Must Be the Money: 7 Swag-Based Celeb Crushes That We Don’t Understand
- Love Is To ‘Love & Hip-Hop’ What Real Wives Are To ‘Basketball Wives’: Ain’t None
- Single Black Male: Stop Giving Up the Cookies Ladies, Men WILL Wait for Sex
- Where Are They Now? Now Defunct “Making The Band” Groups: Da Band and Danity Kane
- Are You Dealing With a Real Man Or A Little Boy? 7 Signs You’ve Got a Grown A** Man
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: Will I Lose My Femininity With My Hair Length?
- Is There Such A Thing As Natural Beauty? My Journey Away From Make-Up