Bobby Brown just had the best weekend ever. While in Honolulu, the singer not only performed with New Edition for a concert and celebrated Father’s Day, he also made things official with his girlfriend/fiancée, Alicia Etheredge, and jumped the broom.
Close friends and family surrounded the couple during their nuptials, including Bobby’s older kids Landon, 23, La’Princia, 22, and Bobby Jr., 19. Bobby and Alicia’s son Cassius, who’s 3, served as the ring bearer and four young flower girls were also a part of the ceremony.
It was 43-year-old Bobby’s prerogative to wear a red suit and Adidas, matching his son, while Alicia was traditional in a destination wedding style white dress.
During an interview in 2011, Bobby told PEOPLE that Alicia had given him a new lease on life after divorcing Whitney Houston.
“I got my passion back for music and for loving myself because of her,” he said.
In 2010 he proposed to his girlfriend/manager in front of a sold out New Edition crowd In Jacksonville, FL, and now the couple’s relationship has come full circle with them getting hitched just 24 hours after a New Edition show in Hawaii.
Now, the pair says it’s back to business. For now, they have no honeymoon plans, but they’ll continue to travel on the New Edition tour which kicks off again June 23 in Oakland, CA.
As many news outlets had reported prior to the couple’s wedding, Bobbi Kristina did not in fact attend her father’s ceremony, with many sources saying their relationship is strained at the moment. Hopefully it will be on the mend soon.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of Coming to America
- Is It True That Men Don’t Want To Get Married?
- Single Black Male: Stop Giving Up the Cookies Ladies, Men WILL Wait for Sex
- Where Are They Now? Now Defunct “Making The Band” Groups: Da Band and Danity Kane
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: Will I Lose My Femininity With My Hair Length?
- LIVIN’ LARGE! Celebs Who Made It BIG By Being BIG