Better Than The Kardashians? Rihanna is Oprah’s Next ‘Next Chapter’ Interview
Let’s go ahead and make peace with it. Oprah has succumbed to the pressures of pop culture media (or her investors) and will be going the sensational, rather than the edutainment, route until she can get OWN’s viewership where it needs to be. On the heels of interviewing 50 Cent—or Fif as she likes to call him—and the Kardashian Klan, Oprah announced that one of her upcoming “Next Chapter” interviews is Ms. Robin Fenty.
Yesterday, some fans tweeted to Oprah suggesting that she interview Rihanna soon and the talk show icon responded by saying it’s already in the works and will be airing some time in August. If we’re being honest, most of us only care about Rih Rih in relation to Chris Brown and since the singer gets all huffy anytime someone asks her about her past relationship, I’m curious how her chat with Oprah will go. There have been a lot of journalistic casualties courtesy of Rihanna’s tongue lashing, but I doubt she snapped on Oprah like that—hopefully. In 2009, Oprah did an entire show on domestic violence based off of the high-profile couple’s dispute so there’s no chance she’s not going to ask about the incident three years later, but I wonder just how candid Rihanna will be.
I’m really curious about what other interviews Oprah has up her sleeve now that she appears to be taking a new direction. But truthfully I’m even more shocked that she hasn’t landed that exclusive Blue Ivy interview yet. What’s up with that?
Do you think Rihanna is a good “Next Chapter” interview choice?
More on Madame Noire!
- LIVIN’ LARGE! Celebs Who Made It BIG By Being BIG
- DOPE DENIM! 12 Of The Hottest Summer Denim Dresses
- GO WITH YOUR GUT: 7 Times Women Should Trust Their Intuition
- He’s Just Not That Into You: 7 Lines That Simply Mean He Doesn’t Like You
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- OOoo Girl, No! 6 Hair Mistakes You Need Not Make
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day