There’s not much more Will Smith could make us do to love him more as an actor, husband, or father, but we don’t mind being reminded every now and then of all the reasons why he’s so great.
Jada Pinkett Smith recently talked to Essence about her husband of 14 years while on her media circuit for the upcoming film, “Madagascar 3,” and she told the site what she loves and appreciates most about Will is how he goes above and beyond as a parent and a spouse.
“There are some men who feel like, ‘Listen, I take care of the house and the home. That’s all I need to do,’” she said. “What makes Will the best father in the world to me is that he’s there, not just there in a way that’s traditional. The emotional support he offers his children is immeasurable.”
On the eve of Father’s Day, Jada wasn’t hesitant to boast about Will’s strong points. She also mentioned that she’s particularly proud of the relationship Willow has with her dad, considering she was raised by a single mother.
“It’s a very interesting relationship to watch and to see how her confidence is really steeped in the idea that she’s got this beautiful, strong man as her father is beautiful.
“In [Willow's] eyes, it’s like the world is at my fingertips because I’ve got daddy,” she added. “For a little girl to be in partnership with her father in that way brings tears to my eyes every time because I feel like every little girl in the world deserves that.”
Jada also obviously knows how rare of a find that truly is, which is why she made this last statement about the man she’ll soon celebrate a 15-year wedding anniversary with.
“You can find a man that loves you, but if you can find a man that loves you and is a great father, you couldn’t hit a bigger jackpot than that.”
Home girl has definitely hit the lotto from our view.
What makes your dad the best father in the world?
More on Madame Noire!
- Can We Stop the Black Male Bashing…At Least on Father’s Day?
- Being Selfish or Being Sensible? What’s So Wrong With Not Wanting To Have Children?
- Looking Within: Am I A Match For The Ideal Man I Am Praying For?
- OOoo Girl, No! 6 Hair Mistakes You Need Not Make
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- In Summer Fashion, White Is The New Black: 6 White Pieces for Your Wardrobe
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day