Too often, people go into a crowded market and try to carve out a nice, comfortable niche where the competition isn’t too high. There’s already a proven business model, a proof of concept and it’s a safe bet.
However, the world was never changed by safe bets. The people that changed the world and their markets weren’t just category leaders, they were category creators.
For example, Pablo Picasso wasn’t just the best at what he did, he pioneered what he did. He said, ”I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.”
Read the rest of the story at Black Enterprise
More on Madame Noire Business!
- Do Black Designers Skip Over Black Models to Gain White Customers?
- How She Made It: Maria Lee-Driver Discusses The Success of Her Skincare Line Oria’s O’Shay’s
- Entrepreneur Spotlight: Shafonne Myers, Founder and Owner of Pretty Pear Bride Magazine
- Behind the Click: Shellye Archambeau, CEO of MetricStream
- The Career Blazers: 7 Black Female Medical Pioneers
- How She Made It: Alia Jones-Harvey, Producer of A Streetcar Named Desire