The President’s wife joined the popular site this morning and already has nearly 5,000 followers. So far, she has three Boards: “Around the White House”, “Great Memories” and “Father’s Day”. Her fifteen pins include pictures of the family, gardening, working out with the Biggest Losers, and even a throwback picture of her family when she was a baby. Mrs. Obama captions most of the pictures herself, adding “mo” after her comments, and there is one pin that has a link to sign President Obama’s Father’s Day card.
Just to give you a little presidential comparison, Mitt Romney’s wife, Ann Romney, joined Pinterest back in February. She has 8 boards, 66 pins and nearly 7,500 followers so far. Clearly Michelle is killing her.
For those of you not yet hip to the site, Pinterest is “a pinboard-style social photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections”. Or, another glorious way to waste a colossal amount of time while planning your dream wedding, designing your future house, cooking glamorous meals, gawking over incredible weight loss stories, putting together outfit ideas, collecting motivational quotes, or now, keeping up with the Obamas.
Created by two men, Pinterest users are largely women. The site grew from 5,000 users in August 2010 to a whopping 17 million in April of this year. So far, Pinterest doesn’t seem to be the celebrity hangout that Twitter and increasingly, Instagram, are but with Michelle Obama joining, I’m sure others will soon follow suit. Maybe bff Beyonce will get a Pinterest account next!
What do you think about Michelle Obama joining Pinterest? Are you on the site?
More on Madame Noire!
- Cute Kid Alert: Diddy Shows Love to Chance, Christian and Justin for Graduating, Charlize Takes Jackson Out & More
- The Woman Behind The Baller: Amar’e's Fiance Dishes On How They Met, Her Move To NYC, and The Grand Proposal
- Madame On The Street: Who Should You NOT Take Relationship Advice From?
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- Jealous? Why You Should Be At Peace With Yourself Before Entering A Relationship
- Like A Fine Glass Of Wine: 8 Hollywood Leading Ladies Who Have Aged Gracefully