I really had been sympathetic to Oprah’s plight with OWN, but as usual I was late to the I’m done with her party. When everyone else was calling her a sellout for her “groundbreaking” interviews, I thought she was being a good journalist but after hearing about her Kardashian-Jenner special that’s airing on OWN Sunday, I’m done with her.
It’s not so much that the Kardashians are horrible people, it’s just this is such an obvious last-ditch effort to birng views of any kind to her network, which we all know is struggling, but still, the Kardashians? I’m pretty sure she would have never had them on her talk show which is why I’m annoyed that they’ll be on her “Oprah’s Next Chapter” special Sunday at 8pm.
According to MSN, eight members of the klan will be on-set: Kris and Bruce Jenner, their kids, Khloe, Kim, and Kourtney, of course, and even Lamar Odom and Scott Disick. I imagine Mason will be there too. I’m having a hard time figuring out what next chapter this group will be talking about considering they’ve been doing the same thing for about five years now, just making more money at it, but they apparently managed to come up with 30 minutes of content. After the Kardashian interview, the second part of Oprah’s sit down with 50 Cent will air.
I think Oprah is taking a big gamble with this one though. This family definitely doesn’t appeal to her target demographic and the other shows she has on the network won’t be enough to keep the extra viewers that tune in to watch the Kardashians Sunday night. I understand going all out to save her channel but you still need to think strategically—and smartly.
What do you think about Oprah interviewing the Kardashians?
More on Madame Noire!
- What Happened? 7 Popular Artists Who Went MIA At The Peak of Their Fame
- The Unnecessary Attack on Alicia Keys’ Body: When Bragging On Your Wife Goes Wrong
- Build-Up Ain’t Cute: 5 Things You Should Know About Dandruff
- Evening Eye Candy: Delicious Model BJ Williams
- Where You Been Kim Coles?
- Jealous? Why You Should Be At Peace With Yourself Before Entering A Relationship
- Where Are They Now? Kids From a Few of Our Favorite Black TV Shows