From The Expert’s Mouth: 7 Terrible Reasons To Stay In A Relationship
We’ve all been in that relationship before where our friends, family, coworkers — even that cashier at the grocery store — wonders why you’re still in. Sure, it started out great, with all of the thrill and fireworks of new and exciting love. He chased you, won your heart and told you everything you wanted to hear; he made you feel so beautiful, so alive, so wanted.
But, gradually, things started to change. There were fights, hurt feelings and things that were said that shouldn’t be said to anyone. There were also scars that couldn’t heal and there may have been infidelity. It just keeps getting worse. Of course, there were also apologies and the highly dramatic make-ups that seemed like the only thing that brought you close to that initial excitement that you now wanted to get back to so badly … but you could never quite get there. So, you settled for the break-up and make-up rollercoaster ride to fill the emotional void that was ever widening.
Ultimately you find yourself resigned to a constant feeling of depression, which — when coupled with a lack of communication and support — leads to a life that’s just utterly lacking in love. But, still, you can’t let go.
What is it that compels us to stay in relationships that aren’t good for us? There are many reasons, but more often than not, it’s a combination of several motivations. The first step towards making your situation better is in understanding why you’re making the choices you’re making to begin with.
Read the rest at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Kids From a Few of Our Favorite Black TV Shows
- MN Exclusive: Kesha Nichols Dishes on Tami’s Apology, Dating a Show Producer, and How Editing Works on Reality TV
- True Life: What’s The Best Comeback You Had For A Man Who Hit On You On The Street?
- Where You Been Cherie Johnson? Part II
- Just Out Of Curiosity, Are You Over President Obama?
- The Thrill is Gone: 7 TV Shows That Need To Call It Quits…Like Yesterday
- Boy, Please: 8 Signs You’ll Just Never Be Into Him