It took a long time for me to close my mouth after I watched the Supertrailer for “Love and Hip-Hop Atlanta.” It wasn’t so much that the series looks like it’s going to be too ratchet for me, there’s just a lot of hood countriness and overt infidelity going on in the dirty that left me baffled at a few of these women and what they appear to be tolerating. That, and the trailer lightweight looks like a movie, leading one to believe a heavy percentage of the show is scripted, as you’ve probably already suspected.
I really can’t point out any of the characters in the show because they truly are unknown—besides Lil’ Scrappy and Rasheeda to some extent—but from what I can tell there are a lot of aspiring artists in this series and, of course, a stripper, who says she’s not going back on the pole. SMH, sorry for laughing.
I almost said I didn’t see any physical altercations, but Scrappy may have had a busted, bloody mouth in one scene at the hands of another character but that all remains to be seen. Anyway, just check out he trailer and draw your own conclusions about whether this is worthy of your viewership.
The premiere hits June 18 at 8pm on Vh1. Will you watch?
Get More: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Kids From a Few of Our Favorite Black TV Shows
- MN Exclusive: Kesha Nichols Dishes on Tami’s Apology, Dating a Show Producer, and How Editing Works on Reality TV
- True Life: What’s The Best Comeback You Had For A Man Who Hit On You On The Street?
- Where You Been Cherie Johnson? Part II
- Just Out Of Curiosity, Are You Over President Obama?
- The Thrill is Gone: 7 TV Shows That Need To Call It Quits…Like Yesterday
- Boy, Please: 8 Signs You’ll Just Never Be Into Him