Melanie and Derwin 2.0? There’s a New Couple Coming To ‘The Game’
BET didn’t take long getting “The Game’s” storyline together post-Melanie and Derwin. According to Zap 2 it’s blog, there are two new cast members coming to town, and presumably taking over as the main characters for season 6. Here’s the deal according to their spoilers:
“With Tia Mowry leaving the show, producers are looking for a new female actress to join the cast in the regular role of Kiera, a 20-year-old former child star who has been in the spotlight since she was five years old and starring on a ‘Cosby’ style sitcom. According to the casting call, she’s bright and charming, but struggling into transitioning into a grown-up career.
“Kiera isn’t the only newbie in town! Another series regular will be hired to play Bryce ‘The Blueprint’ Westbook – a #1, Ivy League draft pick running back who breaks every ‘dumb athlete’ stereotype. He’s not only got a Heisman Trophy, but he’s usually the smartest guy in the room — which sets his new teammates on edge.”
I think we can assume from the descriptions these two may not get along so well with Tasha Mack and Malik. I’m not terribly excited about the character concepts but it is what it is. Since there’s nothing fans can do to resurrect Melanie and Derwin or demand better story lines, let’s have some fun with this:
What actors would you want to see fill the rolls of Kiera and Bryce?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Kids From a Few of Our Favorite Black TV Shows
- MN Exclusive: Kesha Nichols Dishes on Tami’s Apology, Dating a Show Producer, and How Editing Works on Reality TV
- True Life: What’s The Best Comeback You Had For A Man Who Hit On You On The Street?
- Where You Been Cherie Johnson? Part II
- Just Out Of Curiosity, Are You Over President Obama?
- The Thrill is Gone: 7 TV Shows That Need To Call It Quits…Like Yesterday
- Boy, Please: 8 Signs You’ll Just Never Be Into Him