Does anyone know where Lauryn Hill lives these days anyways? We know that part of the time she’s in Jamaica so maybe that’s why Ms. Hill has fallen so behind on paying Uncle Sam. But this is no joke, as the Feds have charged Lauren with “willfully failing to file income tax returns” on at least $1.6 million of earned income between 2005-2007.
The Fugees star will have to appear in court on June 29. If convicted, she’ll face a maximum penalty of up to a year in prison and a $100,000 fine. SMH. These celebrities really need to get their finances in order or at least hire someone reliable to manage it for them.
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Dealing With His Crazy Baby Mother & Can You Get Over Wack Sex?
- The Thrill is Gone: 7 TV Shows That Need To Call It Quits…Like Yesterday
- Giving You The Best That I Got: 7 Signs You Might Be Giving Too Much In Your Relationship
- Where You Been Cherie Johnson?
- Grieving Over a Girlfriend: 7 Ways to Move on After a Break-up…Between Friends
- Why I Think Natural Hair is Indeed a Political Statement
- Well, Hiya To You! Shouting Out Some Of Our Favorite Black Imports From Britain