How did two of the prettiest people on earth manage to keep their marriage going for twenty years? We don’t know but more celebrity couples need to obviously consult with this very dynamic duo. Iman and David Bowie recently celebrated 20 years of marriage, and even longer in courtship. They met in 1990 on a blind date (how does that even happen?) and haven’t looked back since.
The couple have one daughter between them, 12 year old Alexandria Zahra; Iman has a daughter from a previous relationship, 34 year old Zulekha Haywood, and David Bowie has a son from a previous marriage named Zowie Bowie (isn’t that name just whimsical?).
In all their years of matrimony, we haven’t really heard much in the way of negative rumors surrounding their marriage. When Iman gets a break from her cosmetics business, maybe she can write a how-to book on how to keep a relationship thriving under the celebrity spotlight.
Congrats to the happy couple on reaching such a happy milestone. Check out this pic that Iman tweeted of her and her hubby back in the day.
More on Madame Noire!
- Confession: I Felt Joy Hurting a Man
- Well, Hiya To You! Shouting Out Some Of Our Favorite Black Imports From Britain
- Why I Think Natural Hair is Indeed a Political Statement
- Where You Been Cherie Johnson?
- Grieving Over a Girlfriend: 7 Ways to Move on After a Break-up…Between Friends
- What’s Black Enough For You?