Russell Simmons is clearing all sorts of air today. Earlier he had Gwyneth Paltrow’s back for her her suspect tweet and now he’s outlined a few points for consideration regarding rumors that his ex-wife, Kimora Lee Simmons, and Djimon Hounsou are on the verge of breaking up.
In another Global Grind post, Russell said he called Kimora when he read reports her relationship was on the rocks and she told him it was a waste of energy to comment. But you know Russ. He said he feels it’s his job to make a statement since he owns a website and this is his family, so here’s what he had to say:
1. Kimora and Djimon are fine.
2. Kimora and Djimon are both doing extremely well in their respective endeavors and businesses and don’t need to fight over or waste energy on money issues.
3. I damn sure don’t pay nor have I ever paid alimony (Kimora does just fine). In no way do I support their lifestyle, so please don’t say they are fighting over MY money.
4. Yes she’s selling a house, but she hasn’t lived in it for several years since she built the house they currently reside in.
5. As for friction between us? There is none. I feel like I’m part of their family. Djimon and Kenzo are like my blood and Kimora is my best friend. We are partners in various businesses and in the really important business of raising our beautiful children.
Guess that clears that up—and double LOL at point three.
I think from this news we can expect to see another blended Simmons-Hounsou-Russell’s new chick family portrait at Thanksgiving again this year. Good times.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Confession: I Felt Joy Hurting a Man
- Well, Hiya To You! Shouting Out Some Of Our Favorite Black Imports From Britain
- Why I Think Natural Hair is Indeed a Political Statement
- Where You Been Cherie Johnson?
- Grieving Over a Girlfriend: 7 Ways to Move on After a Break-up…Between Friends
- What’s Black Enough For You?