Stronger, Longer Hair Challenge
As a woman, our skin is very important to us. Men have it so easy. They get blemishes and they keep it moving. For women, we get scrutinized more for having skin issues. Truth is: everyone has them! Don’t be fooled by all of the photoshopped cover models on these magazines!
There are several skin issues that plague all races and ages: acne, eczema, rosacea, dryness, redness, alopecia. How do we keep our skin as healthy as possible?
- Develop a great cleansing regimen. Find a face wash, toner and moisturizer that work with your skin type: oily, dry, or combination skin, and a great shampoo.
- Cleanse your scalp properly and get rid of any buildup. Look out for signs of an unhealthy scalp like redness or flaking and treat them.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day. You have to keep your body healthy to maintain great skin.
- Wash your face at least twice a day: in the morning and at night.
- If you wear makeup, make sure to remove all makeup BEFORE you go to sleep. If you don’t, most likely you will wake up with blemishes that could’ve been easily prevented.
- Wear sunscreen!!! It is a myth that Black people can’t get sunburn!
- If you have acne, do NOT pick your pimples! You will create scarring.
It doesn’t take long at all to take steps to get and maintain healthy skin.
Remember, seek a dermatologist if you have any skin issues that persist. It is best to seek a professional that has experience with Black skin too!
What are some of your best healthy skin tips?
Join the Optimum Stronger, Longer Hair Challenge! Complete the Hair Survey and share your experience in the challenge by commenting below or tweeting us @MadameNoire with the hashtag #StrongerLonger for your chance to be our weekly winner and score amazing Optimum Care products!.
We are looking for the most engaged users. Participate in the challenge, send us your questions… and we could feature YOU on Madame Noire! At the end of the challenge, three Grand Prize winners will receive a salon experience, tons of Optimum Care product, and the opportunity to serve as an Optimum Care blogger. Join us!
Feel free to e-mail us at HealthyHair@madamenoire.com