I don’t know if this news will do much to console “The Game” fans who are still struggling to accept the fact that Tia and Pooch/Melanie and Derwin aren’t returning to the the BET show, but we do know there will be at least one familiar face on the next season, Brandy’s.
During an interview with Kempire Radio, Brandy confirmed that she will be reprising her role of Chardonnay for Season 6, though she tried to be a little mysterious about the plot line, alluding to the fact that her character and Jason are currently broken up. Since the season finale airs tomorrow they’ll probably keep that cliff hanger going and pick up with that story line next season which may not really matter for fans who have already said they won’t even bother to watch the show again once it ends Tuesday.
From the few episodes of “The Game” that I saw, I sort of liked Jason and Chardonnay’s relationship, but it was just hard for me to get past Brandy’s character’s name and some of her mannerisms. But maybe they could end up being the main story line during season 6 and take over Melanie and Derwin’s spot. Yay? Nay?
Check out the snippet of Brandy’s interview below where she talks about how she feels about Tia and Pooch leaving the show and her excitement to come back. Are you glad Brandy is returning next season or does it matter?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Jay Electronica: The Homewrecking Other Man?
- Where Are They Now? 10 Black Actresses Who Should Have Blown Up Big…
- Sun Sets: 6 Summer Must-Have Accessories
- Get A Little Closer: Romantic Movies To See With Your Summer Boo
- MN Exclusive: Malinda Williams On Her Most Challenging Role
- Kanye I Want You To Take Your Own Advice: Drive Slow Homie
- What About Ciara? Knicks Star Amar’e Stoudemire Proposes To Mother of His Children