Let’s get the question I know came to most of your minds immediately out the way first: what pastor? Bishop Vibert Lowe of the Power of the Blood congregation in Barbados has reportedly known Rihanna since she was a child, and the reports of the singers wild partying and frequent hospitalizations has him concerned for her future—and not just spiritually. In an interview with Now Magazine, he explained:
“She’s drunk a lot, she’s smoking a lot… It’s really bad behavior and she’s getting worse. She could head down the same route as Whitney Houston. She promotes a bad girl image and that’s not responsible to her fans.”
“She’s going the wrong way,” the 64-year-old Barbadian pastor added. “When I saw the hospital picture I was so disturbed.”
This isn’t the first time Bishop Lowe expressed his concern for Rih Rih. Just a couple of months ago he told The Sun that Rihanna wasn’t setting a good example for young girls who look up to her and added:
“A lot of people have been praying for her and hoping that she will drop these bad habits. We feel it’s wrong for her to behave like this.”
He also said he knows just the place for her to go and turn her life around too.
“I don’t see her much when she comes back,” Lowe said. “She seems too busy, but she should spend more time in church.”
Guess he doesn’t believe once a good girl’s gone bad, she’s gone forever.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Uh, Somebody Lied to You: 8 Misconceptions About Single Black Women
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Dating the Ex’s Friend & Waiting for His Libido
- Bet You Didn’t Know: The Secrets Behind The Making of Love Jones
- Should Meagan Good Stay Off The Pole?
- The Frazzled Day When My New Man Almost Met My Ex Man
- Loving All of Yourselves: Embracing Who You Were Then & Who You Are Now
- Saving the Straightened Strands: 6 Tips for Taking Care of Relaxed Hair