Now that the divorce rumors have subsided, Will and Jada are back to letting us know how they’ve managed to be a highly successful black couple in Hollywood with two budding stars for children and 15 years of marriage under their belt—provided they don’t split before December.
At the Men in Black III premiere last week, PEOPLE stopped Will on the red carpet in New York City to ask what’s their secret.
“We make the effort to always put the family first,” he told the mag. “Being there for each other and being present with our kids is the most important thing. I take being a parent very seriously.”
Will’s not just putting on a front for the public when he says this. He flew home to LA from New York almost every weekend while filming his latest movie to make sure he was there for the couple’s kids, Trey, 19, Jaden, 13, and Willow, who’s 11. In times where the family is apart due to projects, on top of nasty rumors about splits, Will says he and Jada have to be there for each other as much as they possibly can.
“What’s helped us is being supportive, no matter what the situation is,” he said. “I’m so lucky to have someone like Jada. She’s really an incredible woman, wife and mother.”
Despite all of Jada’s obvious awesomeness, Will did manage to narrow down the one thing he loves about his wife most.
“She is just absolutely hardcore, like she absolutely is unfazed by the weight and the pressures of life. She is so calm and cool and easy in any situation. She can bear anything, and I just love that about her.”
And we love that he loves her period.
Are you happy to see Will and Jada make it to their 15th anniversary?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: The Secrets Behind The Making of Love Jones
- “Who Gonna Check Me Boo” and Other Pop Culture Sayings Birthed By Our Fave Reality Shows
- Who Believes It? Tami Roman Sheds Crocodile Tears On Wendy and Vows To Do Better
- Out of Site, Out of Mind and In Luck: Why The Best Way To Find Love Is To Forget About It
- Don’t Be a Ratchet Rat: 7 Manners Everyone Should Mind…Or Risk Getting Snapped On
- Haute Hats: When It’s Hot, Keep Your Cool With These 7 Stylish Looksl
- Things I Learned While Rocking Relaxed Hair, Natural Hair, and No Hair At All