Mariah Carey and her sister Alison have only spoken once since 1994 but the estranged sibling of one of the best voices in the industry wants to change all that now, namely so she can meet her niece and nephew, Roc and Roe. She told the NY Post:
“I want to reach out to my sister and tell her how much I miss her and how proud I am that we are family.
“We may be apart now, and it has been many years since we last spoke. But to me, despite all the bad times and the arguments, she will always be my baby sister.”
There have been a lot of stories about why the sisters are estranged, particularly because they live drastically different lives. Alison is reportedly an adult escort who has been busted for prostitution twice and who advertises her business in the Long Island edition of backpage.com. The mother of four is also said to be HIV-positive and has had multiple stints in rehab paid for by Mariah, although she insists she is reduced to prostitution because her family refuses to help her financially.
It’s not hard to see why Mariah might distance herself and likely her twins Moroccan and Monroe who turned a year old last month, but Alison insists her only motivation to reconnect with Mariah is to congratulate her sister and her brother-in-law.
“I am sure Mariah is going to be a fantastic mother and her husband Nick Cannon, who I’ve heard nothing but good things about, will be a great father.”
I wonder if Mariah checks on her nieces and nephews at all. I can’t imagine what their lives must be like. Do you think Mariah should reunite with Alison after all this time?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Things I Learned While Rocking Relaxed Hair, Natural Hair, and No Hair At All
- I’m a Little Uncomfortable With Michelle O’s Love For Beyoncé, Are You?
- Don’t Be a Ratchet Rat: 7 Manners Everyone Should Mind…Or Risk Getting Snapped On
- Haute Hats: When It’s Hot, Keep Your Cool With These 7 Stylish Looksl
- Sheila E. Says Music Healed Wounds From a Traumatic Childhood Incident
- Get Under Your Skin: How To Renew & Maintain Your Skin
- The Hair She Dared to Wear: The Coiffures of Patti Labelle