I know Beyonce and the first lady have this great move your body partnership/admiration for one another thing going on but the FLOTUS just took it to another level.
In the latest issue of PEOPLE which hits newsstands today, Michelle was asked by a reporter, “If you could be someone else, who would you be?” and she gave a rather interesting answer:
“Gosh. If I had some gift, I’d be Beyoncé … I’d be some great singer.”
I know. Half of you are ready to gag and the other half are bouncing in their chairs with excitement. It’s a pretty polarizing statement.
For a minute I thought, well that makes sense to go from being scrutinized for everything you do as the wife of the President of the United States and having a big deal made over every little move toy make to—then I thought wait a minute, she already is Beyonce. The Bey of the White House perhaps because it ain’t easy being Beezy. The pressures on these two women is just about equal despite a huge variance in importance. More than anything though it seems Michelle wishes she had the gift of singing, perhaps like her hubby so they could do a little Al Green duet.
Anyway, in an effort to curb the Beyonce hate I won’t ask what you think about the Flotus’s answer, how about this instead: if you could be someone else, who would you be?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Break-Ups To Make-Ups: Couples We Would’ve Like To See Give It Another Shot
- The Hair She Dared to Wear: The Coiffures of Patti Labelle
- Salt & Peplum: 10 Peplum Dresses That Need a Place in Your Closet
- Boy Pats Obama’s Head, Boy Makes History
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- My Hair Story: I’m Going To Miss My Dominicanos
- Don’t Lie, You Were Jamming Too: 7 Singers & Groups We Used to Get Made Fun Of For Listening To