“I make s(e)xy music, and this is a s(e)xy liqueur,” Timbaland told Forbes reporter Zack O’Mally Greenburg. “It’s like the perfect match.” It’s quite an amusing statement from the uber-producer who once sang the song “Ease Off The Liquor.” Money talks I guess.
In the saturated world of rapper-endorsed alcohol/liqueur companies, it’s important for folks like Timbaland to create a niche, and from this statement, it’s all about the swexy swag. The spirit (we don’t know exactly what kind of spirit at this point) will be called Le Sutra, and will follow in the footsteps of Nuvo, the Diageo-backed pink concoction prepped by several entertainers.
Let’s just hope this swexy factor will not lead him to go the way of Pharrell’s Qream, a way too creamy and sweet vodka based drink.
If it all works out, Timbaland will join the sea of other rappers who have profited handsomely from stakes in the spirits game including Jay-Z, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, and of course Sean Diddy Combs.
More on Madame Noire!
- Don’t Lie, You Were Jamming Too: 7 Singers & Groups We Used to Get Made Fun Of For Listening To
- Bump a Book of Rules: Love Is Not That Complicated
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Lying on the Equipment & Being Friend Zoned
- Same Ish, Different Year: Do We Still Need the BET Awards?
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- Madame On the Street: How Long Should You Wait to Have Sex?
- Dayummm…They Look Good For Their Age: Celebs Who Prove That Black Don’t Crack