For a minute there it seemed like things were looking up for T-Boz. Now, now to much. TLC’s money woes are no secret but even an attempt at filing bankruptcy didn’t help this singer because her car is about to be repossessed.
Honda has filed a lawsuit in Georgia against Tionne Watkins for failing to make payments on her 2005 Honda Odyssey. In the suit, Honda asked the judge for permission to take the car back, and if they get the go ahead it could be on for everyone else.
Reason being, last year, T-Boz filed for bankruptcy but when she failed to complete the necessary paperwork, she lost all of the protections that come with the filing. If she’s behind on car payments, it’s likely she’s behind on other things too like her mortgage. As of November, she owed over $740K on her $1.2 million house. According to the court documents, her monthly expenses added up to about $8,800 and she brings in $11,700 per month, although she gets only $1200 per month in royalties. Her health issues, though, have likely put her in this financial predicament. T-Boz been very public about her struggles after a brain tumor. It doesn’t help that she’s owed $250,000 in child support payments from her ex-husband, rapper Mac 10, either.
Hopefully Tionne can figure something out. Besides her home, it doesn’t appear she’s living too lavishly with a 2005 car. This stress on top of her illnesses is not good for her health.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Don’t Lie, You Were Jamming Too: 7 Singers & Groups We Used to Get Made Fun Of For Listening To
- Bump a Book of Rules: Love Is Not That Complicated
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Lying on the Equipment & Being Friend Zoned
- Same Ish, Different Year: Do We Still Need the BET Awards?
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- Madame On the Street: How Long Should You Wait to Have Sex?
- Dayummm…They Look Good For Their Age: Celebs Who Prove That Black Don’t Crack