Are You in the Right Circle?
Cultivating a healthy social circle is simple in principle. Take stock of the relationships in your life. If your circle can’t get in sync with the three principles below, it may be time to pull a Jennifer and find a new flock to fly with.
- Surround yourself with positivity. Your friends should be a support system. Those in your circle should be supportive of the work that you do and the person you are. If a person in your circle is giving out the wrong type of energy, give them a chance to correct their actions by letting them now how you feel.
- Don’t give your time to negativity. Time is too valuable to spend it with people who don’t make you feel good. Unlike your family, you choose your friends. Choose to associate with people who support and inspire you.
- Be the friend you want to see in your world. In relationships, you get what you give. Make it a habit to look for ways to support the dreams of others, and you should start to see the same energy return back to you.
More on Madame Noire Business!
- Behind the Click: Ashley Baxter, Digital Marketing Manager for J.C. Penney
- How She Made It: Alia Jones-Harvey, Producer of A Streetcar Named Desire
- Why African Philanthropists Are Calling For Africapitalism
- Will Scandal’s Success Pave the Way for More Diverse Images of Black Women?
- How She Made It: Jeri Lynne Johnson, Founder of Black Pearl Chamber Orchestra
- Entrepreneur Spotlight: A Sister-Run Business Brings High-End Tea Stateside