OWN will not go down without a fight—if at all. Arianna Huffington and her team have come to Oprah’s aid with a new joint venture for the launch of Oprah Winfrey’s very own section on The Huffington Post. The collaboration between the Post and the Oprah Winfrey Network will launch in August, and according to a press release:
“The special section on the website will feature content created and curated by writers and producers from OWN and Oprah.com specifically for The Huffington Post. Additionally, the section will call upon The Huffington Post’s vast network of bloggers and community to have a conversation around Oprah.com content….
“The Huffington Post Oprah section will contain a mix of articles, blogs and interactive content that will connect with the audience on an emotional and spiritual level. The site will provide practical advice and resources encouraging people to discover their best selves and to lead happy, fulfilling lives by taking steps to attain their goals. Topics covered will include personal growth, spirituality and aspects of physical and mental health.”
This may have been something Oprah should have done from the beginning, although the talk show legend has always been able to stand on her own until now. The Huffington Post has been widely successful, with stats as of February showing that the site receives 36.2 million unique monthly visitors. Oprah could definitely use that type of exposure but whether reading about the media mogul and her network of experts will translate to more viewers of her television channel is a toss-up. The OWN folks are going to have to get creative.
Do you think this Huffington Post section will give Oprah and OWN the boost they need?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Dayummm…They Look Good For Their Age: Celebs Who Prove That Black Don’t Crack
- Let This Be A Lesson: Nas Says He Knew Marriage To Kelis Wouldn’t Work
- 7 Singers Turned Actors: Who Was a Natural On-Screen and Who Was a Hot Mess?
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- Madame On the Street: How Long Should You Wait to Have Sex?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Jungle Fever”