Nowadays, it’s hard to get a group of female rappers in the same room…
Last night, Lil Kim kicked off the ‘Return of The Queen’ tour at Paradise theater in the Bronx and it was all love as rap veterans like Pepa (of Salt & Pepa) EVE and Missy Elliot came out to support as well as Mob Wives’ star Drita, Love & Hip Hop’s Somaya Reece and a very pregnant Yandy Smith.
The show kicked off with Lil Kim performing ‘Black Friday’ before she went into a few crowd favorites from ‘Hardcore’, ‘The Notorious K.I.M’, ‘The Naked Truth’ and ‘La Bella Mafia’. Eventually, the beat for Missy Elliott’s ‘Hot Boys’ dropped and the crowd went crazy as Eve and Missy Elliott hit the stage to perform their verses. Eve also stuck around and rocked the crowd to ‘What y’all want’.
Mob Wives’ Drita D’Vanzo also appeared on stage with Lil Kim to perform, ‘It’s All About The Benjamins’. Lil Kim had spotted Drita in a few youtube videos covering her songs at parties and she reached out to her and asked her to host the show and perform.
Hopefully this is a step towards something way bigger. A song, a video..a Ladies Night Part 2. The fans are ready..
Check out pics of the reunion and a video of the performance at NecoleBitchie.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Dayummm…They Look Good For Their Age: Celebs Who Prove That Black Don’t Crack
- Let This Be A Lesson: Nas Says He Knew Marriage To Kelis Wouldn’t Work
- 7 Singers Turned Actors: Who Was a Natural On-Screen and Who Was a Hot Mess?
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- Madame On the Street: How Long Should You Wait to Have Sex?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Jungle Fever”