Ray J had a rough Billboard Music Awards experience all around. After issues with security and Pat Houston over seating, Ray J apparently had an even tougher night because the next morning he was found “out of it” in his hotel room and he couldn’t get out of bed. An ambulance was called because the singer was so disoriented and he was immediately taken to the hospital.
According to TMZ, the cause for the hospitalization was a combination of exhaustion and stress. In the entertainment world, we know exhaustion is usually code for drug abuse but Ray J did have a pretty hectic schedule this past weekend. On Sunday, he had just returned from a 32-hour round trip to China and when he landed he immediately drove four hours to Las Vegas for the awards show. Add that to Pat’s shenanigans during Whitney Houston’s tribute and you can see how Ray J would be a bit out of sorts.
As of earlier this morning, Ray J was still in the hospital with no word on when he would be released. Hopefully he’ll get himself together. Whatever that means for him.
What do you think about this hospitalization?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Evening Eye Candy: Baller Andre Iguodala
- Am I Trippin’? Was I Too Stubborn, Or Was He Trying to Be Too Controlling? You Tell Me…
- ‘Think Like a Man’s’ Ban In France Proves It’s Hard To Be a N*gga In Paris
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Jungle Fever”
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- Shopping While Fat: It Must Get Better
- Final Cut! Celebs We Haven’t Seen Since The Ax Came Down!
- This Right Here’s a Panty Dropper: D’Angelo Looks Delicious in GQ