Say what you will about T.I. but with six kids under his belt, he knows a little something about parenting. Having a bunch of babies doesn’t make you a father but from what we’ve seen on “T.I. and Tiny’s Family Hustle,” he’s definitely a man who takes pride in being a good dad and supporting his children.
Early in his career, TIP was dubbed the “Jay-Z of the south” for his lyricism and now he has some advice for Jay on how to be the “T.I. of fathers.” During an interview with Fuse, he laid down a little wisdom for how Jigga should go about life as a new father, particularly as a father to a baby girl.
“Little girls are going to judge men they meet in the future based off how their father treated them. You’ve got to be her first love, her first everything so when she run into nonsense in the street then she’ll know, ‘Nah, my daddy would never do it like that, so this isn’t even worth my time or attention.’”
Preach. T.I. also had one more thing to add:
“Another piece of advice is enjoy the moments. Enjoy the moments because once they’re gone, they’re gone.”
It was clear from his expressions, T.I. misses having a baby in the house. He and Tiny’s youngest son, Major, is four now, but TIP said he particularly misses King as a baby (probably because he’s so bad now—sorry, had to say it.)
“King, when he was small, he had the fattest little cheeks,” he gushed. “He just looked like a cute lil’ baby boy. Then he started stretching out and getting long. … Now I need another baby. You miss those baby moments.”
I think Tiny misses those moments too which means they might be hustling to make that happen on season 2 of their show. We’ll have to watch and see.
Check out the clip of T.I. sharing his parenting advice here. What do you think about what he said?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Evening Eye Candy: Baller Andre Iguodala
- Am I Trippin’? Was I Too Stubborn, Or Was He Trying to Be Too Controlling? You Tell Me…
- ‘Think Like a Man’s’ Ban In France Proves It’s Hard To Be a N*gga In Paris
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Jungle Fever”
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- Shopping While Fat: It Must Get Better
- Final Cut! Celebs We Haven’t Seen Since The Ax Came Down!
- This Right Here’s a Panty Dropper: D’Angelo Looks Delicious in GQ